Nasty parasites are not only harmful to dogs; they attack cats too. This makes it essential to keep your beloved kitty on a reliable prevention treatment. Bravecto Plus is one such name-brand preventative product for treating and preventing fleas, ticks, and worms in cats. This blog covers everything you need to know about this cat parasite prevention treatment.
Bravecto Plus for Cats – Overview
Bravecto Plus is an all-on-one anti-parasitic treatment for cats. It is available in the form of a colorless to yellow topical spot-on solution in a pipette that can be easily applied on cats with the simple instructions given by the manufacturers.
Bravecto Plus is indicated for the treatment and prevention of mixed parasitic infections in cats. It offers two months of protection against common internal and external parasites in cats. The solution is available in different strengths for cats of different weights.
- Treats tick and flea infestations by killing them persistently and immediately
- Can be used as part of a treatment strategy for flea allergy dermatitis (FAD)
- Treats ear mites infestations effectively
- Treats intestinal worms like adult roundworms and adult hookworms
- Prevents heartworm disease caused by Dirofilaria immitis
- Highly effective & long-lasting treatment
- Simple and convenient to apply
- Twice the duration offers peace of mind
- No stress of regular monthly administrations
- Broad spectrum coverage eliminates the need for multiple treatments
Ingredients & Working
Bravecto Plus for Cats is formulated with two active ingredients: fluralaner and moxidectin. Fluralaner is a member of the isoxazoline class of antiparasitics and it works against external parasites such as fleas and ticks on cats. When applied on cats, fluralaner is absorbed into the bloodstream and reaches the tissue fluid beneath the skin. When fleas and ticks feed on your cat’s blood, they ingest fluralaner and die.
Moxidectin, on the other hand, is a member of the milbemycin class of macrocyclic lactone antiparasitics. It is an antihelmintic that acts on gastrointestinal worms as well as heartworms. The combined action of both ingredients keeps your cat protected from fleas, ticks, mites, intestinal worms, and heartworms.
Bravecto Plus spot-on is available in three sizes:
Choose the correct pack size as per the weight of your cat and follow the guidelines for correct administration given below.
How to Administer
Bravecto Plus topical for cats comes in a clever twist´n´use tube with a non-removable cap. It is simple and convenient to use and can be administered by following these four easy steps:
- Remove the Bravecto Plus tube from its pack just before use.
- Rotate the twist´n´use cap clockwise or counter-clockwise in one full turn to open it.
- Part the hair of the cat near the skull, so that its skin is visible.
- Squeeze the pipette gently and apply the entire contents directly to the base of the skull of the cat.
Wait for two hours after application for touching or cuddling your cat. Ideally, the product should be applied as one spot, but to avoid a runoff, you can apply half the content near the first spot.
Safety, Storage & Precautions
Bravecto Plus has been proven safe and suitable for parasite prevention in cats. However, it is always a good practice to follow the safety and storage instructions given here.
- Get your cat tested for any existing heartworm infections before using Bravecto Plus, as the product is not effective against adult heartworms.
- Use with caution in cats with a history of neurologic disorders.
- Wash your hands immediately after using the product.
- Do not use on kittens less than 6 months of age.
- The safety of the product has not been established in breeding, pregnant, and lactating cats.
- The effectiveness of Bravecto Plus to prevent heartworm disease after bathing or water immersion has not been evaluated.
- Store away from direct sunlight. Do not store above 77°F (25°C).
- The product is strictly not intended for use on humans.
Bravecto Plus – Reviews
Whether you have an indoor cat or an outdoor cat, you should not compromise on shielding them against pesky parasites. Bravecto Plus is an effective and safe solution for treating common internal and external parasites in cats. Today, Bravecto Plus is trusted by millions of pet owners worldwide.
Most cat parents love the fact that it needs to be applied only once every two months. On the other hand, veterinarians prefer to recommend it due to its broad spectrum coverage. They believe that the product eliminates the need of using multiple treatments which leads to inconvenience and missed doses.
All in all, Bravecto Plus is a win-win for cats and cat parents around the world.
David joined CanadaVetCare in 2013 as a product analyst and veterinary assistant. Being a passionate pet lover and keen animal health researcher, David had always found ways and solutions to help pet parents to improve their pets’ health. He is always happy to answer pet health-related queries and recommending pet parents for the right pet product for their furry companions.